[Tarantool-patches] [PATCH luajit 0/3] Basic fixes for LuaJIT on ARM64 Macs

Igor Munkin imun at tarantool.org
Wed May 19 18:38:07 MSK 2021

I've checked the patchset into tarantool branch in tarantool/luajit
and bumped a new version in master.

Furthermore, I've checked the first patch of the series ('build: pass
sysroot to MacOS SDK') into other long-term branches in tarantool/luajit
and bumped a new version in 1.10, 2.7 and 2.8 also.

On 11.05.21, Igor Munkin wrote:
> This series consists of the three patches: the one for CMake build
> machinery and two commits backported from the vanilla LuaJIT trunk[1].
> If the latter commits are OK, they can be uses as an examples in
> backporting procedure document[2] for the others to be adopted.
> The first patch fixes the issue missed in #4862: CMake machinery fails
> to locate system headers provided by SDK on MacOS platforms. The bug was
> unnoticed for a while, since Tarantool testing environment doesn't use
> Debug build with LUA_USE_ASSERT enabled on MacOS hosts. Anyway, even if
> there was Debug build, there is a mess with the flags as a result of
> #4862, so LuaJIT internal assertions would be enabled neither. The fix
> contains of two parts:
> 1. Set the sysroot to SDK root directory if it is not set before.
> 2. Use ${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} in <LuaJITTestArch> auxiliary routine.
> The second patch is a backport of 2e2fb8f[3]. When Apple released Macs
> working on ARM64, the previous recipe in lj_arch.h for detecting Apple
> platforms is not valid anymore. Fortunately, there is a system header
> (i.e. TargetConditionals.h), provided by SDK with the proper defines to
> be set. Since testing machinery assumes that LuaJIT is built with JIT
> support being enabled unconditionally, a smoke test for it is also added
> alongside with this patch.
> The third patch is a backport of 521b367[4]. This patch fixes the issue
> introduced by commit 2e2fb8f6b5118e1a7996b76600c6ee98bfd5f203 ('OSX/iOS:
> Handle iOS simulator and ARM64 Macs.'). Within the mentioned commit
> LJ_TARGET_IOS define is set via Apple system header to enable several
> features (e.g. JIT and external unwinder) on ARM64 Macs, but its usage
> was not adjusted source-wide. This is done for FFI machinery within this
> commit. Since all LJ_TARGET_IOS usage is done with LJ_TARGET_ARM64
> define being set, we can simply replace all entries with LJ_TARGET_OSX.
> Branch: https://github.com/tarantool/luajit/tree/imun/gh-5983-fix-build-on-m1
> Issues:
> * https://github.com/tarantool/tarantool/issues/5983
> * https://github.com/tarantool/tarantool/issues/5629
> * https://github.com/tarantool/tarantool/issues/4862
> CI looks to be OK[5] except the known problems with ASAN[6].
> [1]: https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT
> [2]: https://github.com/tarantool/tarantool/wiki/LuaJIT-backporting-guidelines
> [3]: https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT/commit/2e2fb8f
> [4]: https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT/commit/521b367
> [5]: https://github.com/tarantool/tarantool/commit/fba91e1
> [6]: https://github.com/tarantool/tarantool/issues/6031
> Igor Munkin (1):
>   build: pass sysroot to MacOS SDK
> Mike Pall (2):
>   OSX/iOS: Handle iOS simulator and ARM64 Macs.
>   FFI/ARM64/OSX: Fix vararg call handling.


> -- 
> 2.25.0

Best regards,

More information about the Tarantool-patches mailing list