[Tarantool-discussions] Implicit cast for ASSIGNMENT

Konstantin Osipov kostja.osipov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 17:40:00 MSK 2020

* Mergen Imeev <imeevma at tarantool.org> [20/02/13 17:26]:

I think you suggest introducing a behaviour change between minor
releases without a proper deprecation procedure, which violates
the published release policy.

I also don't see in this email any rationale for it.

Issue 3836 is a feature and has little to do with the default
behaviour which you suggest a change. Tarantool should provide
reasonable, expected and widespread behaviour of implicit cast in
absence of CREATE CAST statement.

CREATE CAST itself is a dangerous feature which is (luckily) not
very widely used. I don't think we should do it at all.

--
Konstantin Osipov, Moscow, Russia