[Tarantool-discussions] Implicit cast for COMPARISON

Konstantin Osipov kostja.osipov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 17:40:54 MSK 2020

* Nikita Pettik <korablev at tarantool.org> [20/02/07 17:29]:
> Alternatively, we can abandon this idea and operate apply comparison
> rules depending purely on mp_ types of particular scalar values. But
> then rules in NoSQL and SQL will be different.

This would be worst thing of all. mp_type is an encoding format,
which, btw, I would like to ditch from in-memory tuple format
going forward (only keep for data on disk and wirte) - 'cause
compression benefits it gives do not outweigh the performance
slow down of variable representation or need to pack/unpack.

There should be a single set of data types for SQL and NoSQL and
the rules should be the same. If NoSQL types don't have some ansi
features, then these features should be added to nosql, and sql
should use nosql.

--
Konstantin Osipov, Moscow, Russia