Tarantool discussions archive
From: Alexander Turenko <alexander.turenko@tarantool.org>
To: Konstantin Osipov <kostja.osipov@gmail.com>
Cc: tarantool-discussions@dev.tarantool.org,
	Konstantin Nazarov <racktear@tarantool.org>,
	Nick Karlov <karlovn@tarantool.org>
Subject: Re: [Tarantool-discussions] Reusable SQL parser
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 04:21:32 +0300	[thread overview]

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 08:38:55PM +0300, Konstantin Osipov wrote:
> * Alexander Turenko <alexander.turenko@tarantool.org> [19/11/24 10:13]:
> > Discussions about ways to reuse Tarantool SQL parser in applications and
> > connectors arise from time to time. I want to share a very high-level proposal
> > how we can reuse the parser in an application and provide some examples we
> > heard from users.
>
> I think this proposal as formulated here is a no-brainer.

Sure.

I wrote this (and other) proposals here in order to share motivation
under features we intend to implement: what exactly we asked for or what
do we want to achieve. So it is more about 'why', then 'how'.

Usually it is squeezing from one or several meetings.

My intention here is to have a linkable (and so public) statements about
motivation under our work, especially when it is relatively big.

Maybe you may suggest better wording for such statements.

> The question is how best to do it. Shall we try to be ABI
> compatible? How to version the ABI? How to operate heterogenous
> clusters and clusters during an upgrade?

Yep.

> This is only a fraction of questions your proposal on this subject
> should address.

Don't mind to share your thoughts on this. I would appreciate it.

WBR, Alexander Turenko.