[Tarantool-discussions] SQL built-in functions position

Nikita Pettik korablev at tarantool.org
Mon Sep 28 21:19:13 MSK 2020

On 27 Sep 18:18, Mergen Imeev wrote:
> Hi all. I have a question that I would like to discuss.
>
> The question is about SQL built-in functions. At the moment these functions
> are
> partially described in _func and partially in src/box/sql/func.c. I received
> two
> completely different suggestions from my reviewers on what to do with these
> functions:
> 1) Move definitions completely to _func. Remove definitions from func.c.

That's my proposal. It makes name collisions check simple, provides unified
interface to invoke built-in and non-built-in functions, allows to grant
and verify priveleges in the same way and so forth. Built-ins are already
declaraed in _func, so reverting this thing would result in another one
unnecessary schema change and upgrade (so I doubt that implementation would
be somehow 'simpler'). Finally part of functions can turn out to be really
usefull in Lua someday such as date()/time(). So to me the choice is kind
of obvious..