[Tarantool-discussions] The result type and argument types of the built-in SQL functions.

Timur Safin tsafin at tarantool.org
Wed Jul 29 11:54:12 MSK 2020

I general, I agree that UNSIGNED is unnecessary, but the rest of table
is pretty much ok with me. (Though blob vs string discussion opened elsewhere
is important)

With one small note below...

: From: Mergen Imeev <imeevma at tarantool.org>
: Subject: The result type and argument types of the built-in SQL functions.
:
: Hi, Peter!
:
: I would like to ask you a few questions about the result type and argument
: types of the SQL built-in functions.
:
: I suggest changing the result types of some functions. A table with the
: current
: result type and the suggested result type is below.
:
: FUNCTION NAME		CURRENT		SUGGESTED
: abs			number		number
: avg			number		double
: char			string		string
: character_length	integer		unsigned
: soundex			string		string
: substr			string		string
: sum			number		number
: total			number		double

Why total should be different than sum? (I'd use the same number)

Regards,
Timur