[server-dev] [RFC] Interactive transactions in IProto

Vladislav Shpilevoy v.shpilevoy at tarantool.org
Thu Nov 15 01:36:51 MSK 2018

On 15/11/2018 01:14, Konstantin Osipov wrote:
> * Vladislav Shpilevoy <v.shpilevoy at tarantool.org> [18/11/14 21:42]:
> > + 1. Stream is like a virtual connection.
>
> Somehow you guys seem to see a difference between streams and
> active transactions that I don't see.
>
> If a stream is distinct from an open transactions, we need
> explicit iproto commands such as
> IPROTO_STREAM_NEW/IPROTO_STREAM_DELETE. Then we can
> distinguish streams and transactions, but then why not say this in
> the spec?

We do not need explicit IPROTO_STREAM_NEW/DELETE. A stream is
created on a first message with the new STREAM_ID, and can be
deleted either right after last pending request is processed, or
after some timeout - it does not matter. The only purpose of streams
is to hold on pending messages with equal stream ids until currently
executing one is not processed.